K
Posted By
keepout
Dec 26, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using PS4, and the Cintiq, and I assume a mouse..I haven’t used the mouse for drawing since getting the Cintiq.

I’ll be using the brush, constraining drawing to right angles with SHIFT DRAW, lift to draw other side of box and I get a partial N. No problem if I intend to Fill the box. Otherwise I have a box with a slash from bottom left to top right.

What setting have I hit wrong ?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BG
Ben G Compson
Dec 26, 2009
wrote:
Using PS4, and the Cintiq, and I assume a mouse..I haven’t used the mouse for drawing since getting the Cintiq.

I’ll be using the brush, constraining drawing to right angles with SHIFT DRAW, lift to draw other side of box and I get a partial N. No problem if I intend to Fill the box. Otherwise I have a box with a slash from bottom left to top right.

Not the answer you’re looking for, but a workaround would be to start the left-hand vertical bar at the bottom. Or start the right-hand vertical at the top.
K
keepout
Dec 27, 2009
On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 17:52:00 -0500, Ben G Compson wrote:

wrote:

Not the answer you’re looking for, but a workaround would be to start the left-hand vertical bar at the bottom. Or start the right-hand vertical at the top.

No because the bar comes from the other side then. That’s why I said drawing N’s. Being right handed I naturally draw left to right. Reversing that doesn’t confuse the machine.

I expect trails with the pen tool, but not with the brush.
AS
Andrew S
Dec 30, 2009
Don’t hold down shift when you paint from opposite corners. It’s much better to paint yourself into a corner and stay there.

wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 17:52:00 -0500, Ben G Compson
wrote:

wrote:
Using PS4, and the Cintiq, and I assume a mouse..I haven’t used the mouse for
drawing since getting the Cintiq.

I’ll be using the brush, constraining drawing to right angles with SHIFT DRAW,
lift to draw other side of box and I get a partial N. No problem if I intend to
Fill the box. Otherwise I have a box with a slash from bottom left to top right.

No because the bar comes from the other side then. That’s why I said drawing N’s. Being right handed I naturally draw left to right. Reversing that doesn’t
confuse the machine.

I expect trails with the pen tool, but not with the brush.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections