M
Posted By
maurice
Oct 21, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to make a composite photo from 2 or 3 or 4 individual jpog’s using Photoshop. I made a contact using the Automate function but it is not wahat I want. If not Photoshop, What software??

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

A
a
Oct 23, 2009
On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:24:51 -0500, maurice wrote:

Is there a way to make a composite photo from 2 or 3 or 4 individual jpog’s using Photoshop. I made a contact using the Automate function but it is not wahat I want. If not Photoshop, What software??

Sure.

The short mechanical answer is:
1) open each jpg in its own file
2) select a layer (usually found in the lower right corner of your window) in one and drag it and drop it onto the IMAGE in another
3) you now have two layers in one file that can be arranged or
overlayed using masks, opacity, etc.

If you want to put the images "Side by side" you will need to increase your canvas size in the target to make room.

To learn to see just parts of the top image on the bottom, google photoshop tutorials for selection tools, Layers and Masks.

Getting started on this can be frustrating at first, but its well worth the time!

For some amateur photoshopping examples, check out www.aheld.com I’ve posted before/after examples showing the base image and then the image post-photoshop with a quick note about what I did (just press the arrow to see the "after" image.)

Before someone goes Troll on me and says they are all "shit" please note: These were my "learning experiment" pictures, so they aren’t intended to be perfect.

Good luck!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections