J
Posted By
Jutti
May 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded the trial version, Design Premium, of CS4 to see if I wanted to upgrade. Dreamweaver works fine. But I have been unable to try out Photoshop. It opens just fine. But when I try to open a graphics file (jpeg, bitmap, gif) it simply shuts down. Sometimes I can see the graphic for a few seconds before PS closes and I get an error message. But most of the time it simply shuts down!

I am running a P4 machine with 4 gigs of memory, 3.00GHz, my OS is XP Professional. I installed the memory upgrade myself. At the time I installed it I tested it to make sure it was working properly. It was. I went back and rechecked it just now. It still is working properly. I tried running "debug" in the error message report. The program simply closes.

Sadly it appears that the PS CS4 problems are not limited to Windows. While searching for a solution on the Internet, I ran across a mac forum where people are complaining about similar problems. One person posted a letter he’d sent to Adobe. I think his computer is probably still smoldering! ; o ) He really reamed them!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. At this point is looks as though I will just stick to PS version CS2. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Rob
May 18, 2009
Jutti wrote:
I downloaded the trial version, Design Premium, of CS4 to see if I wanted to upgrade. Dreamweaver works fine. But I have been unable to try out Photoshop. It opens just fine. But when I try to open a graphics file (jpeg, bitmap, gif) it simply shuts down. Sometimes I can see the graphic for a few seconds before PS closes and I get an error message. But most of the time it simply shuts down!
I am running a P4 machine with 4 gigs of memory, 3.00GHz, my OS is XP Professional. I installed the memory upgrade myself. At the time I installed it I tested it to make sure it was working properly. It was. I went back and rechecked it just now. It still is working properly. I tried running "debug" in the error message report. The program simply closes.

Sadly it appears that the PS CS4 problems are not limited to Windows. While searching for a solution on the Internet, I ran across a mac forum where people are complaining about similar problems. One person posted a letter he’d sent to Adobe. I think his computer is probably still smoldering! ; o ) He really reamed them!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. At this point is looks as though I will just stick to PS version CS2. Thank you.

my thinking its in the services not working and its to do with licencing of the product

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/401/kb401528.html there is one for CS4 as well but its similar.

failing that you should contact Adobe and ask them what to do.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections