SB
Posted By
Steve_Bingham
Apr 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Got a question: Before I installed 11.0.1 my Bridge icon would turn to a colored icon when I hovered over it. Now, after the update it simply goes white when I hover over it – as do all the other icons. It seems that there might be a setting for this? Where did I go wrong? I have a Nvidia 7800 card which was updated months ago. As a last ditch effort I updated the latest driver today (4-2-07). (6.14.11.8250)

Reinstalling PS CS4 (11.0) would be a giant pain and eat up a lot of my time. Any suggestions?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SB
Steve_Bingham
Apr 3, 2009
The driver version says 182.50 but my system says 6.14.11.8250 so I assume I have the latest (released 4-2-09)
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Apr 3, 2009
new drivers sometimes bring new problems, try going back to the drivers that worked for you. The thing is, your card is from 2006 so it’s highly unlikely that nvidia is still updating your card, however there is a chance that they inadvertently messed up something with your card and didn’t notice because they don’t test old cards nearly as much as the new ones.
SB
Steve_Bingham
Apr 3, 2009
Not the problem, Zeno. But thanks.
11.0 worked great with my old driver. Then I upgraded to 11.0.1 patch (mistake). The top row icons, like Bridge icon, no longer turned to colored icons when hovering over them. Instead, they turn solid white. So I down loaded the latest Nvidia driver for my card. Results the same. You see, NO drivers have worked with the 11.0.1 patch.
M
mainsoft
Apr 3, 2009
Hi,

wrote:
Got a question: Before I installed 11.0.1 my Bridge icon would turn to a colored icon when I hovered over it. Now, after the update it simply goes white when I hover over it – as do all the other icons.

…. and your "Arrange Documents" drop-down menu also displays blank areas. Correct? You are victim of the (in)famous
"plugin-that-kills-the-PS-user-interface" syndrom. This happens when installing some plugins like Nik Software SilverEfex.

Adobe’s statement: this is a programming mistake made by the developers of the plugin.

Third-party plugin developers point of view: this is a bug or a lack of documentation in the PS CS4 programming interface.

Needless to say that no solution is in view for the moment although this bug is known since months. Nik Software have acknowledged the problem more than one month ago when I sent them a support request but I’m still waiting for a fix. You can easily determine which plugin is causing the problem in your case and then get in touch with the vendor. They may or may not have a fix.

Usually, the problem disappears after you have loaded the plugin. For example, if you are using Nik Software’s Silver Efex, you just have to go to the File | Automate menu and launch "Nik Selective tool…". Then everything is ok. But the problem will re-appear when re-launching PS.

Cheers.

Patrick
SB
Steve_Bingham
Apr 3, 2009
Identical symptoms.Bingo! Thanks, Patrick!
It was Alien Skin Snap Art trial version. The filter worked fine but . . . as soon as I deleted it all returned to normal. Now I wonder if the "real" version will have the same problem? I would guess yes – certainly not worth the gamble at this time. All my other filters work fine.

Nik, Silver Efix, now Alien Skin.
M
mainsoft
Apr 3, 2009
a écrit dans le message de news:

Identical symptoms.Bingo! Thanks, Patrick!

You’re welcome.

Now I wonder if the "real" version will have the same problem? I would guess yes

Certainly. Beside the software lock, there’s usually no difference between a trial version and a registered version.

Patrick
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 3, 2009
. Now I wonder if the "real" version will have the same problem? I would guess yes

probably, but you should report it to AS. they’ve always been pretty responsive in the past. i’m sure they’d like to know so they can fix it!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections