Posted By
chris_scotts
Apr 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PC / Intel Core2Duo E7200 / 4gb RAM / ATI Radeon 4850 512mb Vista 64
Wacom Intuos3 w/6.1.0-6 drivers (2008) the latest i believe Photoshop CS4 11.0.1
LCD panel 60hz

After getting the .1 patch I am still experiences brush lag in CS4 with OpenGL turned on. Its not as bad but bad enough that I have to ask for help.

Rotation tool used to be really laggy before the patch but has no issues now.. it rotates with zero lag.

The brush lag still exist. Sometimes it better then others. It seems that the whole program gets slow when its lagging. Using curves even becomes a chore.

When OpenGL is turned back off and I restart PS everything is perfect again.

I have been leaving OpenGL off unless I really needed the rotate tool (and i use that tool quite often)…

I recently decided to upgrade to the Intuos4 and the rotate wheel on it begs to be used for Rotation tool.

Whats the latest workarounds or fixes to the lag problem with OpenGL?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

A
AstroIvan
Apr 25, 2009
I dont know but I’m still getting a lot of lag too. Basically cs4 extended is unusable for me.

stats:
dell xps 1530M
4 gig memory
8600 GT 256m

This kind of machine should NOT be having problems. I’ve updated the bios, latest video card drivers, updated Wacom drivers, checked for spyware, optimized cpu clock performance, the whole nine yards. Unfortunately all i have is cs2 besides this. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m gonna start working with Gimp or my CS2 more. I bought CS4e to work with models I’m making from Blender and Blender is so damn good that I’m really found a lot of confidence in free, open source, creative tools.

I’ve always been a big Adobe supporter, it’s sad for me to have say I’m disappointed.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections