D
Posted By
dkperez
Mar 31, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I believe I knew how to do this but the brain cell that had the information must have died……

I BELIEVE I used to take the color sampler and put a sample on my image. Then I created a curves layer. AND, by holding some combination of shift/ctrl/alt and clicking the color sample, the values would transfer to the red,green, and blue layers of my curves layer. From there I could make adjustments…

In CS4 I’m trying to do this, and I can’t get it to work… It isn’t the same as using the eyedroppers on the curve OR the hand above the eyedroppers. It actually copied the color sample values onto the individual color channels….. How do I do this in CS4?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

D
dkperez
Apr 1, 2009
Silly question? One that’s been explained a dozen times? Does the question make sense? Or, am I the only one out there that tries to do this?
AH
Andrew_Hart
Apr 2, 2009
Does not matter whether or not the hand above the eyedroppers is active, in the RGB composite channel, simply Ctrl+Shift click on your colour sampler point in the image and this places a point on each of the R, G and B individual curves.
D
dkperez
Apr 2, 2009
Yeah, that’s what I thought I’ve always done. NOT working in CS4. I have an image, put a curve adjustment layer on, add a color sampler point to the image, then hold down shift/ctrl and click on the color sampler point. I get a history entry "drag color sampler" but no points on the red, green, or blue channels of the curves layer…..

Do I have a preference set wrong somewhere? Some other setting? Or is this another unfortunate change in CS4? This is making color matching using the curves layer REALLY painful…
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Apr 2, 2009
it’s Ctrl+Shift+click in the image now

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections