TP
Posted By
Thomas_Park
Mar 26, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been having a strange problem with my mouse in PS CS4, running in Vista 64 Ultimate.

About 20% of the time that I’m clicking in an open image, PS decides that the cursor should be somewhere else on the screen. This doesn’t affect any UI elements (like clicking in a tool or dialogue box), just working in an image. PS will randomly put the cursor several hundred pixels away when I left-click in the image window.

Everything else seems fine up until the point that I click – brush cursors show up in the right place, and if I’m in healing brush or clone stamp, for example, the preview image shows up in the right place — until I click.

Sometimes, PS will drag from a point many hundreds of pixels away in a straight line near where my mouse actually is.

As this is affecting about 1/5 of my clicks, this makes PS all but unusable. I don’t have any mouse or tablet management software installed. Any thoughts? Anybody else run into this? I do have current drivers for my video card, FWIW.

Thanks,
Thomas Park

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
Mylenium
Mar 26, 2009
What kind of mouse is it? If it’s a wireless mouse, this is most certainly unrelated to PS. In that case it’s more likely, your operating system is trying to re-establish the connection. therefore the only sane advice can be to not use wireless devices for serious PS work…

Mylenium
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 26, 2009
I’ve often seen those kind of errors when using wireless mice with low battery so try changing the batteries. I’ve also seen that kind of behavior on wired mice where the mouse had a mind of it’s own where the cursor would constantly jump around the screen, even click on things on it’s own. In any case, try using another mouse and see if it keeps happening.
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 26, 2009
Do you have a tablet? If so make sure the pen isn’t on it.

Bob
DE
David_E_Crawford
Mar 26, 2009
Then you can always boot in safe mode. If the mouse works ok in safe mode then you have a driver issue.
TP
Thomas_Park
Mar 27, 2009
Installing the latest PS patch appears to have helped the issue; cautiously optimistic for the time being…
SD
Stacey_Dyer
Apr 1, 2009
Which patch are you talking about? I’m having this trouble, too. With marquee, transform, move, everything. I don’t have this problem in any other programs. I’m using a wired mouse.
TP
Thomas_Park
Apr 1, 2009
Hi Stacey,

Just the latest PS update. Although I’m getting the same behaviour as before now.

Curious – are you using a monitor that can rotate orientation with an ATI video card, by any chance?

— t
SD
Stacey_Dyer
Apr 2, 2009
I have a NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150. Yes, it can rotate, although I just found that out and have never used that.

I have the problems described in this post – <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6e4f8> – I’m trying their advice now. I’ll let you know how it works out.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections