HM
Posted By
hal myers
Mar 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In CS3, there was an ‘export to pdf’ which just converted the PSD to PDF. Now in CS4, the option is under ‘save as’. The problem is when I am doing a job and want to get approval, I like to generate a low res PDF WITHOUT the option of ‘preserving photoshop editing capabilities’. Otherwise, I get aa huge file.
The problem is, the document in Photoshop is now a PDF and although the layers are still showing in the layers pallet, if at that point, I do any more editing or just try to save it as a PSD, the image is automatically flattened, without any warning. I managed to lose all my work by saving AFTER I created the small PDF.
why has adobe chosen to change the working document to PDF? If I save as a jpg, the document remains as a PSD file. This is very frustrating. I much prefer the export to PDF in the CS3 version.
If CS4 is doing this, it should at least generate a warning that all layers will be merged at that time.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

HM
hal myers
Mar 25, 2009
One solution for now, is to use a free program called ‘doPDF’ which shows up as a printer. It works well and generates small files for proofing.
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 25, 2009
As far as I remember PDF has always been a save feature in Photoshop and if you take the time to look at all the options you’ll see a save with Photoshop compatibility.

I usually just use the save a copy command.

Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections