SI
Posted By
Serge_I_Skysi
Mar 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was not able to uninstall CS suite with it’s uninstaller to make room for the CS4 Master Suite. So, I removed everything manually: every Adobe record in the Registry and all the Adobe folders… or at least I thought I did. Now something prevents me from installing the CS4 suite. It’s stuck in Setup Initialization stage (Checking System Profile). The progress bar is stuck at about 90%. It’s been there for about half an hour now.
I suspect this is happening because I failed to remove what’s supposed to be removed. So I’m wondering if there’s some kind of utility that can uninstall all the Adobe leftovers.
Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Mar 18, 2009
see if this helps:

Saget25, "Solution regarding Installation Freeze at 90%" #, 11 Mar 2009 12:05 pm </webx?14>
SI
Serge_I_Skysi
Mar 18, 2009
Thanks, Dave, but that registry trick didn’t work for me. The setup window pops up and disapears.
Actually, it was not installation at 90% I was talking about, it’s the initialization process before the installation starts.

wrote in message
see if this helps:

Saget25, "Solution regarding Installation Freeze at 90%" #, 11 Mar 2009 12:05 pm </webx?14>
CY
curt_young
Mar 18, 2009
There is an Adobe product, but not sure exact name that cleans up the remnants after an uninstall. Something like CS3 cleanscript. Look in Knowledgebase under uninstall and it will probably pop out at you.
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 18, 2009
this… read the entire page first! you may have to run the script a couple times at increasing levels…

Using the new CS3Clean Script
< http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 402767&sliceId=2>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections