Posted By
Isami
Mar 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all.

I was installing the trial version of CS4 (on Vista) when my power went out. When I tried to install again, I kept getting this error message:

– undefined
– The installer database is invalid: please re-install the product from the original media

I checked the log and these are the errors I picked up:

Failed to create payload session.

Unable to load fileOptions from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\faf656ef605427ee2f42989c3ad31b8\resou rces\pages\Install\Options\Options.js

Critical errors were found in setup for Adobe Photoshop CS4: Localization: missing stringID "undefined" for en_US in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\faf656ef605427ee2f42989c3ad31b8\resou rces\main.xml
Localization: missing stringID "undefined" for en_US in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\faf656ef605427ee2f42989c3ad31b8\resou rces\main.xml

I’ve tried a ton of different *solutions* to try and fix this. My attempt to uninstall via control panel failed, i got the same error message is the install. I can’t find any CS4 folders in the regedit, so that didn’t work. I downloaded windows install wizard utility, ran that, as well as the adobe cs4 cleanup script.

I manually deleted the common files > installer folder. I even uninstalled the illustrator CS4 trial.

Lastly i did a system restore.

Nothing seems to work.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections