CR
Posted By
CRAIG_R_ROBERTSON
Mar 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HI, Ihave CS3 extended running on Vista.Program ran find for months until yesterday, Whenever I try to open a picture file CS3 stops working and shut down. It doesnt matter what type file. I removed program amd reinstalled, still got same probelem. Any suggestions on how to solve? thanks Craig

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 15, 2009
Does it freeze, or just hang for a while until your network printer times out?
CR
CRAIG_R_ROBERTSON
Mar 15, 2009
Hi Chris,to answer your question neither, when I attempt to open a picture file I get a window saying photoshop stop working and this closes the program. Program remaains stable as long as I don’t attemp to open a picture file. Thanks for your concern…Craig
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 15, 2009
Does the same thing happen if you create a new document?

What about if you don’t open a document, but let Photoshop sit for 5 minutes after launch?
CR
CRAIG_R_ROBERTSON
Mar 15, 2009
Chris, using a new document I get the same result Photoshop cs3 just closes.If I don’t open a document CS3 is stable until I close it….Craig
CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 15, 2009
You never said it "just closes" – you said Windows gave you a "stopped responding" error.

But, it still sounds like your printer driver is crashing or timing out.
CR
CRAIG_R_ROBERTSON
Mar 15, 2009
Chris,reading your comment I shut down my printer still get same result, I disabled my printer drivers I get same result. Every now and then I can open a picture. When I open a second picture it crashes telling me that the program stop working. Any suggestion at this point…..by the way thanks for the help……Craig
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 15, 2009
it could be that it’s windows update at fault, go to Control Panel->Programs and Features->View Installed Updates, sort them by date by clicking on "Installed On" and uninstall the most recently installed updates
CR
CRAIG_R_ROBERTSON
Mar 15, 2009
Zeno, thanks for input but that didn’t work. Funny thing about this is some time I can open 2 or three photos at a time before it crash and other time all it takes is the first picture file…….Craig
ZB
Zeno_Bokor
Mar 15, 2009
Well, when stuff stops working it means that something happened that made it go haywire so what did you install/configure/do before this happened? have you installed some photoshop plugins? updated some drivers? installed some new software?
CR
CRAIG_R_ROBERTSON
Mar 16, 2009
Zeno and Chis much thanks for help. It appear to be the printer driver. Just have to change the driver on printer and I should be good to go….Thanks …Craig

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections