How to remove fluoroscopy caused by Scanning a doublesided sheet?

I
Posted By
inethacker
Mar 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello dear community,

I’m from germany, sorry for my bad english.

I scanned some pages with my scanner and the pages are flouroscopied.

There are them:
<http://tai08.de/dateien/pci_aufbau.jpg>
<http://tai08.de/dateien/pci_spezifikationen.jpg>
<http://tai08.de/dateien/pcie_switching.jpg>

How to remove this in Photoshop CS3? Consider that I’m very new in Photoshop but I can understand english words good:-)

Thank you for your help. Warm regards from Germany.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Mar 15, 2009
Do you have many of these scans to capture, or are the the only ones?

If they were critical to a larger project, and you only need to work with these three…if this were my project I would think seriously about just redrawing them in Illustrator.
TH
Trez_Hane
Mar 15, 2009
If it is not practical for you to redraw the illustrations, can you rescan them? I have had success with this problem by placing a sheet of black paper behind the sheet being scanned.

Trez
I
inethacker
Mar 15, 2009
Thank you for anwering.

At this moment i need only this 3 files. I thought, it more efficient to modifie them in Photoshop CS3 or in Illustrator. I’m afraid of it’s not easy with my scanner to moving around scans like this (e.g. Quality of paper).

But, how to redraw them in Illsutrator? Could you tell my step by step how to do this?

Thank you in advance.
I
inethacker
Mar 15, 2009
My last resort will be, rescan the 3 pages by placing a black sheet of paper:-) But where to get a black sheet at sunday in germany, all shops are closed…
TH
Trez_Hane
Mar 15, 2009
But where to get a black sheet at sunday in germany, all shops are closed…

Print one on your desktop printer. Obviously a laser printer is preferable, but I suppose one could use an inkjet printer…
Once you do have a nice solid black sheet, keep it on file for just this purpose. Thin paper (and newspapers!) can be very difficult to scan cleanly.
I
inethacker
Mar 15, 2009
OK, I will try to print a black side with my laser printer:-), at my last resort.

Could you tell me befor this how to redraw the jpeg in illustrator to an clearly path picture?
I
inethacker
Mar 15, 2009
By the way, do you know how to scan single sides of a book wihtou these inner "edges" –> I mean the inner waves/shafts (its not plane).

Is there any trick?
TH
Trez_Hane
Mar 15, 2009
::By the way, do you know how to scan single sides of a book wihtou these inner "edges" –> I mean the inner waves/shafts (its not plane).

Sadly, the only "trick" I know for this is to cut the book apart. You probably do not want to do this. Someone else may know a way, or there may well be specialized equipment that does not require destroying the book.

As for duplicating your illustrations in Illustrator or similar programs, I would place the image you wish to duplicate on the bottom layer, with that layer locked and dimmed. On a new layer above it, you can use the old art as a guide for quickly drawing new art.
P
Phosphor
Mar 15, 2009
Well, Trez, that’s almost true, at least for most people.

There are special hardware devices that are made specifically for capturing bound-book pages with the least amount of damage. Inverted v-shaped platen, special lighting, sometimes proprietary software that is able to correct for any gutter curvature and gradient exposure differences across the width of the page.

I don’t know about you, but it sure isn’t in MY budget!

🙂
TH
Trez_Hane
Mar 15, 2009
I figured there had to be some such equipment — I couldn’t picture the Library of Congress and others who are digitizing valuable books destroying them. But I can assure you that from the point of view of my budget, it would be purely a figment of my imagination. :^)
GH
Gernot_Hoffmann
Mar 15, 2009
inethacker,

the images can be much improved by increasing
the contrast until the background is uniformly white.
Image > Adjust > Brightness/Contrast

Tested for the first image: it is distorted.
The distortion cannot be compensated by a simple
rotation but by Crop/Perspective. Please read
the help text, or come back.

Best regards –Gernot Hoffmann

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections