GB
Posted By
Guy_Bergeron
Mar 10, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every time I try to open a photo in My Picture the program freezes, every time! To get around this I have to choose from within Bridge, how can I fix this problem?

Guy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Mar 10, 2009
is "my pictures" on a removable drive? i’d probably try to reset the preferences per the faq: <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>
GB
Guy_Bergeron
Mar 10, 2009
No, however, I do have two drives the first is the "C" drive, the second is partitionned into 3- E,F,J. Photoshop was installed on the "F" drive and My Pictures are found on the "J" drive. When I click on "OPEN" it does open the "My Picture" window and that’s when it freezes.

Guy
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 10, 2009
reset the prefs. my guess is the drive letter changed or something that used to be there is on your recent file list and no longer exists on the drive/share… resetting hte preferences will clear it.
JJ
John Joslin
Mar 10, 2009
Is this My Picture thing part of a program other than full Photoshop?

Photoshop Album maybe?
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 10, 2009
windows’ "My Pictures" special folder, i would guess… you can move it from it’s default location (C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\My Picures) but it almost always leads to issues somewhere…
GB
Guy_Bergeron
Mar 11, 2009
Thank you for your suggestions, however, resetting the preferences did not change anything. I have two other photo programs who do not have a problem with "My Pictures) being located elsewhere than on the "C" drive. As a matter of fact, Bridge does not have a problem either.
I have tried uninstalling Photoshop, defraging and re-installing the software without any changes. The minute I try to open "My Pictures" window Photoshop freezes. Has anyone encountered this problem and has a sure fix for it? Should I contact Adobe directly? What is the correct web page to do so?
Thank you for your help.
Guy
BH
BILL_HUNT
Mar 11, 2009
Guy,

I’ve always found it best to install all Adobe programs on my C:\. I do set them up to an "Adobe" main folder, and not within the Programs folder structure. They just "like" that C:\ location better. I see a lot of issues (usually PS and Premiere), when a non-default drive location is used. Why? I do not know.

For your issue, I’d also try creating a new folder, and just doing a Copy of the images to that one. Attempt to Open from THAT folder. Also, when you experience issues with Open in PS, are you using File>Open from the Toolbar, or are you just dragging the files from their folder TO PS with Explorer (My Computer)? If one way is causing issues, try the other, just as a test.

Good luck,

Hunt

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections