Mar 10, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone!
Take a look at this image please

<http://www.ossosso.com/public/scambio/shoot3.jpg>

This is the same image applied to a 3d model into 3dsmax: <http://www.ossosso.com/public/scambio/shoot2.jpg>

What I’d like to do is to eliminate the white areas around the model modifying the image into photoshop.
Tweaking with the UV editor into 3dsmax it’s quite long and tedious and not so precise, and then I’ve to do this for a lot of model, so I’m trying to automate the process.

Well, what I’m thinking is to modify the image into photoshop as I said, creating a sort of "Offset" in the out direction of the perimeter color of the swimsuit, just few pixel, not so much.

Is there a way to do something similar?

Thank you very much.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
Don_McCahill
Mar 10, 2009
Turn off anti-aliasing when saving the image.
O
ossosso
Mar 10, 2009
When I save the image it doesn’t ask me about antialaising.

Can you be more precise please?

Thank you
P
PeterK.
Mar 10, 2009
How are you getting the image into 3dsmax? It looks like your selection didn’t remove the white at the edges of the swimsuit. With regards to antialising, when you make a selection to remove the white, turn off anti-aliasing in your selection tool of choice. This will give a hard edge, then you just have to make sure that your selection is at least a pixel away from all of the white areas. Try the Select-Expand/Contract functions or Refine Edge.
It would help to know what version of photoshop you are using, what format you are saving and what you are trying to do with the image.
DE
David_E_Crawford
Mar 10, 2009
I would assume he made the image in 3d max and exported the map. You can re-texture or some people call it skinning. You change the color or add layers and such using photoshop. Some people make templates.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections