TV
Posted By
thorne_ventura
Mar 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop CS4 v11.0.1 and Windows Xp/Sp3… Trying to add text to a custom size paper (4.25" x 5.5") in 32-bit mode at a 200% zoom. As soon as I click the Text tool in the toolbar and then click in the paper area, BAM! Abend. This is the 1st time I’m trying to do anything in Photoshop. Obviously disappointing. What am I doing wrong? thorne

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TV
thorne_ventura
Mar 8, 2009
Further investigation seems to indicate that if I have font previews on and select a font, immediately after selecting is when the abend occurs. I read in another post that a font unknown to PS can do this. I do have many custom fonts downloaded in my Windows /Fonts directory. I hope I don’t have to eliminate every font in there, one at a time, to track down which font is causing the problem ! thorne
TV
thorne_ventura
Mar 8, 2009
This is rediculous. I don’t even have to select a font and PS abends right after I select the Text tool. thorne
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 8, 2009
not unknown, but damaged. you have a damaged font somewhere. there’s a faq topic on how to find and eliminate it.
TV
thorne_ventura
Mar 8, 2009
Nice. A $1000 piece of software could provide a tool to find damaged fonts instead of allowing an abend. OK, off to isolate the bad font. Thanks. thorne

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections