CS4 Color looks too saturated on Screen?

C
Posted By
CoolPix
Mar 6, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all, not sure why but my color in CS4 Photoshop look oversaturated. When I view them with ACDsee viewer or Canon software they both look the same. But when I use photoshop the images look too saturated. It’s not easy to edit my photos, as the out put does not look the same as when I am editing.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, awaiting any messages that may help out.

Coolpix

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

G
Gener
Mar 6, 2009
What is your RGB workspace in Photoshop? You will find this information under Edit > Color Settings.

If your work does not involve commercial printing,setting it to North American General Purpose may help.
WE
Wolf_Eilers
Mar 7, 2009
What are your colour management policies in the Color Settings panel? And do you calibrate your monitor?

You can get increased saturation — actually ugly colors — if assigning a higher gammut profile to an image tagged with a lower gammut profile, e.g. assign AdobeRGB to an sRGB image.

(Note that ‘Assigning’ a profile gives far different results than ‘Converting to’ a profile.)
F
Freeagent
Mar 7, 2009
‘Assigning’ a profile gives far different results than ‘Converting to’ a profile

That’s an understatement. "Assign" is really an expert feature, never to be touched unless you are 100% sure of what it actually does. In almost all cases "Convert" is what you want.

In any case, this is a very common cause for this type of problems. The difference between Photoshop and the others is that they are not color managed and will just ignore the profile – thereby showing it as if it was sRGB, even if it isn’t. But Photoshop shows you what the file actually looks like with the embedded profile.

To complicate things, the new wide gamut monitors can enter into this equation in some circumstances involving untagged images or non-color managed applications.

All in all, a screenshot or two, including one showing your color settings dialog, would be very helpful. Come back if you don’t know how to do that. Oh, and the name of your monitor.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections