GD
Posted By
Gelly_Davidowitz
Mar 5, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
work adobe phtoshop CS3, where i combine two images of the same watch and use mask to combinethem, but lately whenever i open two images, i drag one onto the other one, only my adobe phtoshop freezes. i tried adding more memory to my computer… nothing. do you know why ? Do you think it’s teh program? or is it my computer?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Mar 5, 2009
could be ram or scratch disk space. try resetting the preferences first ( <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1?14@@> ).

make sure you have enough free hard drive space on whatever drive you have designated as the scratch drive.

make sure the memory allocated to photoshop in preferences is set to about 55%.

if none of the above works, post back with your system specs and more detail.
GD
Gelly_Davidowitz
Mar 5, 2009
GD
Gelly_Davidowitz
Mar 5, 2009
have my preferances set to 81% . i have enough disk space, enough memeory, don’t know why it doesn’t work.
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 5, 2009
oops. you deleted your post as i was replying. try the stuff i said in my post #1…
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 5, 2009
have my preferneces set to 81%. i have enough space, enough memory. but it doesn’t go.

ok… what about what i posted… 🙂
JJ
John Joslin
Mar 5, 2009
What Dave is saying is to try resetting your preferences as described in the FAQ.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>

You either have to physically delete (or rename) the preference files or, if using the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift method, be sure that you get a confirmation dialog.

This resets all settings in Photoshop to factory defaults.
GD
Gelly_Davidowitz
Mar 6, 2009

k. i will try. thanx fro your help. will get back to you if it is or is not good. thanx agaiN!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections