S
Posted By
susanne
Mar 1, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just an FYI that Nvida now has updates available for laptop video cards that according to Nvidia address some of the issues discussed in the forum. This should be good news for many. Unfortunately Sony Vaio users are directed to sony for oem update of video driver, and sony has no video driver releases that align with this update nor will they make any promises of an update in the near future. I love my Vaio, but this is a big deal as I see it. Has anyone using a VAIO attempted to install the updated drivers directly from Nvidia? I’m reminded that I need to update my video driver each time I open Photoshop. I know that an updated driver is available for my card, but I can’t get it through the oem…so what do I do?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
susanne
Mar 1, 2009
On Mar 1, 12:18 pm, susanne wrote:
Just an FYI that Nvida now has updates available for laptop video cards that according to Nvidia address some of the issues discussed in the forum. This should be good news for many. Unfortunately Sony Vaio users are directed to sony for oem update of video driver, and sony has no video driver releases that align with this update nor will they make any promises of an update in the near future. I love my Vaio, but this is a big deal as I see it. Has anyone using a  VAIO attempted to install the updated drivers directly from Nvidia? I’m reminded that I need to update my video driver each time I open Photoshop. I know that an updated driver is available for my card, but I can’t get it through the oem…so what do I do?

ps my current driver is dated april 2007 and is the newest avalaible from sony…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections