Posted By
Robert_Gladden_Sr
Feb 27, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All,

I am photographing 2 1/4 negatives with a CANON 50D and macro lens. Then in Photoshop CS3 I was looking for the filter to convert the negative film file into a positive file so I can work on it with Adobe and then print in on my Canon printer.. I have tried to sample the orange base color and take that out and then invert and then increased the contrast curve. Can not get it right… Is there a way to do it with Adobe or is there a plug in to do this. Or is there a program on line to do this?

Thank You.
Robert Gladden.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
Curvemeister
Feb 27, 2009
Here’s a curves based procedure for inverting color negatives that works reasonably well:

http://curvemeister.com/tutorials/what_ails_you/index.htm (scroll down to the topic "To copy and invert color negatives using a digicam")

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections