E
Posted By
ElliR
Feb 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Am trying to clear up space on my laptop and in doing so searched for a way to remove Bridge as this is one application that I don’t use at all on that machine. However, Bridge doesn’t appear at all in the Add/Remove programmes list (Windows XP2 Pro) which has thrown me somewhat. I then attempted to remove CS3 hoping that Bridge would appear in an options list which of course it doesn’t 🙁 so had to back track from there as well. Has anyone got any suggestions please?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BL
Bob Levine
Feb 25, 2009
You can’t nor should you. If you’re that desperate for space I suggest you buy a new harddrive.

Bob
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 25, 2009
I don’t think you can split Bridge from Photoshop CS3.

Get an external drive and move all non-system and non-program files to it.
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 25, 2009
The terrible twins strike again! 😉
E
ElliR
Feb 25, 2009
Right, well that answers that then doesn’t it? 🙁
DS
Dennis_S
Feb 25, 2009
I just took a look at my CS4 installation. The Bridge executables directory takes up 144mb. Not that terrible really in this day and age.

If you happen to have either the "Goodies" or "Documentation" folders in Program Files>Adobe, you could consider backing up and deleting those. It might give you about that amount of space if you really need to free up every last megabyte.
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 25, 2009
Erm, CS3?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections