KB
Posted By
Kelli_Burrows
Feb 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have original watercolors that I have scanned but need to edit and work with in InDesign. I am getting a gray shadow or hue in the "white" areas between the color. I’ve tried everything I can think of to remove the gray cast but it seems to be messing with the original color and hue. I’ve tried scanning at 2400, messing with the contrast, shadow and highlights, curves etc, after 3 days nothing seems to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
pfigen
Feb 25, 2009
Can you post a section of the image that illustrates the problem.

It does sound from your description that it’s a simple color correction where you just need to set the white point using Curves. But it could be more complicated…
BC
Bart_Cross
Feb 25, 2009
Kelli: Just use the eyedropper tool in the curves palette and set the grey area as the white point, should correct all the colours.
KB
Kelli_Burrows
Feb 25, 2009
Thanks, that helped a lot. I’m still getting some fading of the colors, but I think I just need to fool around with it a bit and I should be ok. Note to self, come here earlier!

thanks again!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections