RA
Posted By
Richard_Archer-Jones
Feb 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I read in the manual that columns can be created in a PS document (I have PS CS2). I’ve followed the instuctions to the letter i.e. choose Edit > Preferences > Units & Rulers, then enter values for width and gutter, but ….. I see nothing! What’s happened? I’ve got the guides turned on, but where are the columns? I think this feature could be usefull.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
Don_McCahill
Feb 25, 2009
then enter values for width and gutter, but ….. I see nothing

Do you have a text box created? There is no default text box in Photoshop, so you have to create one (dragging out a rectangle with the text tool).
RS
Robert_Shomler
Feb 25, 2009
If you want to do this with guides, Gridmaker might help. See:

<http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/10/create_grids_ea.html>
RA
Richard_Archer-Jones
Feb 26, 2009
Don, no I haven’t created a text box. The manual mentions nothing about this feature relating to text boxes. Anyway, thanks guys, I’ll be back in work next Tuesday so I’ll carry on with this then.
RA
Richard_Archer-Jones
Mar 11, 2009
Robert, thanks but I don’t want a special programme to create grids, I just want to understand what’s in Photoshop. The guide mentions a facility to create columns but when I follow their instructions nothing happens. There’s boxes for width and gutter and they have values in them but what those values relate to I cannot see. It’s only a small paragraph but I’ve learnt that sometimes these small paragraphs can give some usefull information.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections