ML
Posted By
Mark_Levesque
Feb 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed LR 2.3RC a day or two ago and life seemed fine until I installed two plugins for CS4: Nik Sharpener and OnOne PhotoFrame 4.0

Now when I attempt to open images from LR, CS4 opens up but the image never appears and LR pops up an error message saying "The image could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop CS4 failed to launch"

How do I fix this?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BL
Bob Levine
Feb 25, 2009
How do I fix this?

Uninstall the plugins.

Bob
CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 25, 2009
Or update the plugins.
ML
Mark_Levesque
Feb 25, 2009
Ok, so the deal here is 1) don’t be a dope, and 2) see 1.

I forgot to exit PS when I installed the plugins. Madness ensued. Solution: update the plugins with LR and PS exited. Sanity returns.

Just "uninstall the plugins," while accurate, is insufficient. It only solves half the problem. Because the plugins were installed for a reason. If they are installed correctly, they can be expected to work. Knowing that is half the battle.
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 25, 2009
8o ?
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 26, 2009
I think he’s saying he was being a dope. if you need any further translation, i’m going to charge you.

if he was insinuating that bob and chris are dopes, i’m laughing in his face for being a dope. ha. hahaha! 🙂
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 26, 2009
Aha!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections