Posted By
The Data Rat
Jun 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

Is there a comprehensive list for all of the extensions in PS? I have looked everywhere, but I can’t find one. Maybe I am using the wrong term. What I mean, in case I am asking the question wrong is:

..csh is custom shape
..asl is styles
..asv works in selective color, I have no idea what it stands for

If anyone can help, I’d appreciate it. Looked on Google and in my Photoshop WOW book and couldn’t find it.

Thanks

Suzi

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PE
phoney.email
Jun 4, 2004
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 11:51:47 -0400, "The Data Rat" wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a comprehensive list for all of the extensions in PS? I have looked everywhere, but I can’t find one. Maybe I am using the wrong term. What I mean, in case I am asking the question wrong is:

.csh is custom shape
.asl is styles
.asv works in selective color, I have no idea what it stands for
If anyone can help, I’d appreciate it. Looked on Google and in my Photoshop WOW book and couldn’t find it.

Thanks

Suzi

Hi Suzi,

In the software developer kit which is on the CD (at least for my version 6) there is a PDF file called "Photoshop File Formats.pdf".

The PDF won’t let me copy but in the index there is a comprehensive list and you can also get internal file descriptions.

Don.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections