JC
Posted By
Jan Crocker
Sep 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a project that has a large number of JPG stills that vary in size. The stills disappear from the premiere timeline whenever I open the edit back up. If I grab the clip and scrub it’s in and out point I will see it in the preview monitor but if I park on it s black in the preview monitor. I have to go to the video options menu and change the aspect ratio to or from "maintain aspect ratio," it doesn’t matter which way, in order for it to reappear in preview from the timeline. However whenever I leave the edit and reopen it all the stills still appear in order on the timeline but are all black again in the preview monitor forcing me to go through the aspect ration change again just to see them. I suspect I screwed something up in Photoshop when I resized, cut or pasted, these images before I imported them. I’m no Photoshop expert and I’m looking for some help here.

Is there a way to batch process to correct everything if I can determine the problem?

I’m far from finished and spend most of my time recovering the stills than editing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

jc

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 18, 2003
Jan,

I presume you posted this to the Premier forum as well (if you didn’t, I would).

First,

Is there a way to batch process to correct everything if I can determine the problem?

Yes. But there may be few here who can help you figure out the problem because you use too much "premier language". For example, I don’t have premier, so I’m not 100% sure what the problem is.

It sounds like you re-sized your images. How did you resize them? Did you have constrain proportions checked? I don’t know if they are now bigger than your movie "frame" – in which case, it may be that premier is telling you that the image now falls outside of the "stage" and must be made smaller. Not sure what that’s all about, I’m grasping at straws.

So tell us what you did to the images (and why). That would be a good starting point.

Peace,
Tony

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections