MS
Posted By
Michelle_Sizer
Feb 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having trouble making my graphic round in Photoshop. I drew a circle, added text in the middle, then flattened the image. And saved the file. I created a new file with a transparent background and pasted the first file I had created. Then with the magic wand tool I removed the white space around the circle. Then I was left with my circle graphic … perfect! I have saved the file as a .gif and .png. Whenever I try to use them, I get a white box around it. WHY????

Any suggestions are appreciated!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Feb 17, 2009
Use them how?
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 17, 2009
(or where?)
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 17, 2009
tried saving via file> save for web? that allows you to set a "transparent" color for your images.

note that some browswers don’t support transparency in png files well.
MS
Michelle_Sizer
Feb 17, 2009
Use them as an icon of sorts in Blogger. Yes I did "Save for Web" and saved as .gif. Still get a white square around the graphic. I’m using IE 7.
DM
Don_McCahill
Feb 17, 2009
When you saved for web, did you set the use transparent option as Dave says? Did the image have the checkerboard pattern that indicates that there actually was a transparent portion?
MS
Michelle_Sizer
Feb 17, 2009
Yes it does have the checkerboard pattern
DM
Don_McCahill
Feb 17, 2009
Then if you saved as GIF, and had the transparent option selected, you should have an image with transparency.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 17, 2009
try viewing it in a different browser.
P
Phosphor
Feb 17, 2009
Should work fine in any browser. Open it in Photoshop. Is the transparency there?

This never fails to work for me. I wonder if you neglected to tick the Transparency check box in the SFW dialog.
S
stevent
Feb 18, 2009
Are you viewing the Optimised in SFW or the Original?

You don’t need to flatten and copy/paste, you can just use the Circle and Type as is; or fill the circle first if that’s what you want.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections