RF
Posted By
Roger_Friend
Feb 16, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I hit ‘alt’ to designate the clone source and then click over the area I want to be cloned nothing happens. I have read the procedures and believe I am following them.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CH
CR_Henderson
Feb 16, 2009
It isn’t clear in your text so if I’m misunderstanding–sorry–but did you ALT then click to select clone source or just hit ALT? What is needed is to ALT-Click–move the mouse to the clone source and click while still holding the alt key down. That sets the clone source.
RF
Roger_Friend
Feb 18, 2009
Hi CR,
I have away for a day. Yes, I followed the steps you mentioned. The clone source is designated by a cross mark, but nothing happens when I click over the space I want to have the clone to apply.
Unfortunately I am now faced with another problem. Instead of the normal cursor I have hand. This is a new twist. Never happened before.
Needless to say I am extremely frustrated. As you might suspect I am not the most computer literate person on the planet.
Roger
RF
Roger_Friend
Feb 18, 2009
CR,
the hand has disappeared. The clone circle and the cross mark showing the clone source is present. But, as I stated earlier the cloning operation does not take place.
Roger
CH
CR_Henderson
Feb 18, 2009
The only other thing I can think of right now is to make sure you have a layer with pixels selected and aren’t on an adjustment layer. I would try cloning with the background layer selected just to see if you get the same results. If you have already tried that you can try resetting your preferences.
B
Bob
Feb 18, 2009
On Feb 16, 3:40 pm, wrote:
When I hit ‘alt’ to designate the clone source and then click over the area I want to be cloned nothing happens. I have read the procedures and believe I am following them.

You’ll have to let everyone know a little more about your setup.

How many layers does your photo have?
What mode is the clone tool in?
Brush size?
Opacity?
Flow?

-Bob
http://designphotography.smugmug.com/
RF
Roger_Friend
Feb 18, 2009
CR,
I found the source of my problem; my pen tablet. I had the tablet set at the wrong setting for working with Photoshop.
Thanks for your help and your patience.
Roger

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections