Posted By
Steve_Guthrie
Feb 12, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a used copy of CS2. It came in the retail box and the CD still had the seal on it. It looked very legit (not that it always means anything, I guess), but when I try to install it I get the message that an activation error was encountered.

Is this error a sign that I may have gotten bogus software? Is there a way I can verify if I have a legit copy or not?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bob Levine
Feb 12, 2009
Is this error a sign that I may have gotten bogus software?

Yes. The seller must fill out a license transfer form and file it with Adobe. If that didn’t happen you have no recourse except to go after the seller.

Bob
M
Mylenium
Feb 12, 2009
To elaborate: When the user sells you the box and such, he himself is required to deactivate his own copies of the software he has installed. furthermore, if the package was an upgrade, he must also provide you with the base version and likewise deactivate it and terminate all use of it. The "Transfer of Adobe License" is only required, if the seller did register his package. This does not happen automatically and is not tied to the activation, so it may not be necessary – once the activations are released, you may be able to get going without further ado.

Mylenium

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections