SR
Posted By
Sophie_Royce
Feb 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently got the new Photoshop CS4 and I was so pleased as it was better than Paint Shop Pro. However everytime I open a graphic (.JPG, .PNG etc) I get these wierd triangles across the graphic… Any ideas?

Here is a screencap of what I mean:

<http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j234/e_royce_s/wierd.png>

I did skim through all the other FAQ’s etc but didn’t find anything.

Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bob Levine
Feb 8, 2009
Looks like a really flakey video driver. Check for updates.

Bob
DS
Dennis_S
Feb 8, 2009
If no video driver update is available or an update doesn’t help, try disabling OpenGL drawing if it is currently turned on (Edit>Preferences>Performance).

If you still have problems, please post again and state your video card make/model and which operating system type (Mac/Windows) and version you are using.
KP
Kwan_Parker
Feb 8, 2009
If your system provides the means to test your video card, running the test "might" save you time and frustration.

One and only time I saw fractured graphics like that was cured by replacing the card. Progression on my system went from occasional fractal-like graphics (especially in Bridge’s "Preview" pane) to persistent corruption to the BSOD every few hours–regardless of the application being used. On system start-up, before Windows launched, I started noticing scattered blue, green, and white specks on the monitor.

Your problem might be as simple as a driver problem, though.

But, sure wish I had run Dell Diagnostics on boot-up and in Windows early on.

Good luck!
SR
Sophie_Royce
Feb 8, 2009
Thanks everyone!

Dennis got it right though 😀 Works perfectly now!
KP
Kwan_Parker
Feb 9, 2009
Wonderful, Sophie!

But should you notice any of the things I mentioned, test the card if you can. Sometimes it does not hurt to wear both a belt and suspenders.

🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections