Posted By
Stef_r
Feb 7, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I’ve got a problem and I don’t seem to get rid of it.
When I use the Adobe Bridge, everything seemds to work fine, EXCEPT… for the preview panel. It just keeps on showing a ‘blank gap’ or blank window, from where I can see a part of my Desktop through.
I hope this picture makes it more clear.

< http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e39/Stef_r/2009-02-08_0007 47.png>

Als, when I select a photo in Bridge, it doesn’t show up in the preview panel. It just keeps on showing the freezed picture of the part of my desktop.

I use Windows Vista on my laptop now, and that’s were the problem is. On my old XP laptop, with much lower performance, it worked fine under Windows XP.

< http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e39/Stef_r/2009-02-08_0008 43.png>

Does anyone recognise this problem or has a solution for it? I have allready tried reinstalling both my laptop with Vista as wel reinstalling the Adobe suite.

Thanks for the responce!

With kind regards,

Stefan

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TH
Trez_Hane
Feb 8, 2009
Stef, the sample you posted seems to look fine. Perhaps it is not the intended posting?

In any event, before you do anything else, make certain you have the most current driver for your Nvidia graphics.

Trez
GK
Geoff_K_Jackson
Feb 8, 2009
The first thing to do is check that you have the latest drivers for your video card. nvidia.com shows that the latest for you laptop is 179.28.
Geoff
CY
curt_young
Feb 8, 2009
It is a video card problem so if latest drivers don’t work go to advanced preferences and select "use software rendering".
SR
Stef_r
Feb 8, 2009
Thanks for the replies!
Although I still haven’t found the real problem for it, the preview panel keeps on freezing, I do have a wokaround found for it.

Because I have a docking station for my laptop, with some free slots in it, I bought a second hand Video Card with 512MB and better performance than the on-board card in the laptop.
I hooked up a external LCD monitor to it and now it works just fine, with no additional modifications in Bridge.

So, although the Bridge / video card still occurs on the laptop, I don’t mind working this way. Maybe a newer driver in the future will solve this problem.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections