F
Posted By
FMW
Feb 5, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a logo that was designed for a white background. The colors and shape work well with white. I want to use it against a darker background and would like to surround it with a white border so that it will be readable against the darker background. I don’t want to put a border around the rectagular box in which the logo is currently sitting. That box is already white. I want to lift it from the white box, surround it in white and then paste onto the darker background. Hope you aren’t as confused as I am. Suggestions?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Feb 5, 2009
Do you have the logo in vector form?

(If not, that’s an entirely separate discussion).
F
FMW
Feb 5, 2009
It is a gif file.
P
Phosphor
Feb 5, 2009
Ooooo…GIF is about the worst format to use.

Can you get your hands on a vector version?

If not, can you manage to rebuild the logo as a vector-based object?

Post the biggest version of it you have. You can use <http://www.pixentral.com> to host it for display here. Use the HTML code at the bottom of the picture after your upload displays, and ignore the "Forum" code.
F
FMW
Feb 5, 2009
P
Phosphor
Feb 5, 2009
Oh, Geez…piece of cake.

You could recreate that as an infinitely scalable vector object in about 10 minutes or less. Illustrator is the best and easiest tool for the job, but it can be done pretty easily in Photoshop.

THAT’S the best way to go.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections