CS3 hangs in Vista 64 SP1 (sudden error)

FG
Posted By
Francisco_Galarraga
Feb 5, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I’m going to describe this as best as I can: I have Design Premium CS3 installed for a couple of days now on my new Vista64 Home Premium, and it was working perfectly until today. I installed: Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver, Photoshop CS3, Acrobat 8 out of the complete package. Suddenlty today, Photoshop will hang when I try to open it. Not even the intro screen appears, but the process can be seen in the task manager (processes tab), still open, but with a particular memory size: 4740 k (it doesn’t change or nothing). CPU usage is at 00. It won’t show in the application manager. The thing is, all the rest of the apps I installed work perfectly. Only PS is giving me this trouble.

I have been browsing this forums the whole night, and this is what I found as a possible solution: Vista64hates CS3, "Photoshop (CS3) Hangs When Started" #20, 12 Aug 2008 8:57 pm </webx?14/19> (check out the guy who posts as VistaHatesCs3)

It didn’t work. Can anybody help with this?

Thanks in advance,
Francisco G.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Feb 5, 2009
reset the preferences, per the faq.
FG
Francisco_Galarraga
Feb 5, 2009
Hey, I did that, but nothing would happen. Whats worse, is that I lost those pref files. Now the Adobe Photoshop CS3 settings Folder is empty! I have tried reinstalling the whole suite, and the error is still there. What should I do?
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 5, 2009

[double-post deleted…\]
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 5, 2009
what do you mean you "lost the files"? anyway they should be recreated on first (successful) use.

i’d try to disconnect from the internet, disable firewall and anti-virus and try again. also might want to give that link in the other thread a try again. it does sound like something’s trying to kick in and it’s being stopped (the adobe licensing service most likely).
FG
Francisco_Galarraga
Feb 5, 2009
When I said I "lost the files", I meant that nothing can be found in the adobe ps cs3 settigns folder. I reinstalled the suite again, and PS won’t start.. as you said it seems something is not letting it start completely. I don’t think its the licensing service since the other Adobe apps work fine.. i think it has to do solely with photoshop.
FG
Francisco_Galarraga
Feb 5, 2009
Hey Dave, thanks for your help. I looked at the Adobe tech docs, and their they mentioned about turning of some startup programs, to see if something is conflicting with PS. I did that, and on the next boot up PS worked! I still haven’t found which program is the culprit, but maybe i’ll leave it at that (as the system seems to be working fine.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 5, 2009
cool. sometimes a second look is what it takes. 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections