CS4 PS menubar, toolbar and menu colors. Can they be changed?

LK
Posted By
Leia_K
Feb 5, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have searched Help, FAQ and even Googled. I can’t find where I can customize the appearance of my work space colors, other than the background.

The default color for the menu/toolbars is a dark gray. The menus that unfurl are a tan.

What am I missing and please be kind. I really did try to find this for over several hours. Thank you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WE
Wolf_Eilers
Feb 5, 2009
Dark Gray? On my CS4 setup they are a light gray (214,214,214). Tan? Is your monitor calibrated?

You can change menu item colours in Edit > Menus. Most people want the panels and menus to be as unobtrusive as possible, hence the preponderance of gray in the Ps workspace.

In any case, it’s the image that is king and you can change the colour of that to any thing you want. 🙂
LK
Leia_K
Feb 5, 2009
Thank you. I will try that. If it doesn’t work, then I can rest in knowing I will get used to it eventually.

My monitor is calibrated weekly using a Pantone software/device.

I meant dark gray in comparison to what I am used to in my imagining workspace from before. I like a much lighter top (and workspace) so that the color/contrasts are predominately just my photo. Just not used to something competing with my eye, but again, I will get used to it.

Old habits die hard.

As far as the menu color, I figured it out. Duh on me! When taking a snapshot to show you what I meant by tan (see link below), I noticed it was the same tan as in my browser. I just needed to change the PC appearance settings as they governed the CS4 settings and the tan menus then disappeared.

They are now a very nice very light gray (233, 233, 233).

<http://leia.powweb.com//photos/Epiphany/colors.jpg>

Again thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections