BC
Posted By
Bart_Cross
Feb 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got an Intuos 3 tablet, really cool except for……

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BC
Bart_Cross
Feb 2, 2009
all the junk they put on the mouse pointer.

It is incredibly annoying.

Anyone know how to turn it off?
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 2, 2009
all the junk they put on the mouse pointer

What do you mean by that?

I use an Intuos 3, but I don’t have "junk on the mouse pointer".

Rob
BC
Bart_Cross
Feb 2, 2009
The thing that looks like you’re touching water when you press a mouse button, the modifier key labels that show up all the time etc., etc.

I’m on Vista Ultimate 64 and this did not appear when using the MS mouse, started appearing after I installed the drivers for the tablet.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 2, 2009
Bart,

Maybe that’s a Vista thing, I don’t know, I have XP. But these fun/crapware things would annoy me to for sure.

But that’s not the case here: My Intuos dances, sings and cookes me meals!

(and that’s only during the daylight hours, Chris Birchall once added to this line)

Rob
BC
Bart_Cross
Feb 2, 2009
Well I’m totally happy with the 6×11, it’s perfect (except for the mouse thingies) and makes Painter X rock.
SG
steve_guilhamet
Feb 2, 2009
Hi Bart,

Look in the Vista Control Panel> Pens and Input Devices> Pointer Options. That’s where the Dynamic feedback options can be turned off.

steve
BC
Bart_Cross
Feb 2, 2009
steve: had a look and it doesn’t help with the WACOM mouse issues.

Have an email in with WACOM, just thought someone else knew how to get rid of it.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2009
I just got an Intuos 3 tablet, really cool except for…… all the junk they put on the mouse pointer.

I use an Intuos 3, but I don’t have "junk on the mouse pointer".

bart probably just needs to wash up before settling down to draw! XD

ahem! sorry. carry on. 🙂
BC
Bart_Cross
Feb 3, 2009
Yar, yar!
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 3, 2009
enjoy your new toy man!

erm, wait. that didn’t sound right…
BC
Bart_Cross
Feb 3, 2009
Shu-u-u-u-re it does.
BC
Bart_Cross
Feb 3, 2009
So this was WACOM’s reply:

‘I feel that I must inform you that those items that are causing you so much frustration are not from Wacom. They’re “features” of your Windows Vista operating system that are enabled when you install any tablet onto the computer. You can turn any and all of these features off in the Pen and Input devices icon of your Control panel if you’re looking at classic view. If there are any particular annoyances that you can’t seem to turn off then please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-922-6613 and we’ll be happy to try and help. Also, you may want to submit a complaint with Microsoft so that they can consider this while writing their new operating system, Windows 7.’
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 3, 2009
Also, you may want to submit a complaint with Microsoft

Considering the massive traffic that must flow to MS containing complaints, they probably have their ears plugged by now.

Rob
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 4, 2009
MS Complaint Dept:
JJ
John Joslin
Feb 4, 2009
Amazingly, when I was unable to use Windows Update a few months ago (I do it manually and installs were just failing repeatedly), I filled in the report form that we all usually ignore, and within 24 hours M$ had contacted me and walked me through a fairly complex series of downloads and re-installs. They stuck with me through an exchange of about 10 emails over 3 days until the fault was fixed.

I was pleasantly surprised, especially since Vista would have been taking priority by then. Of course I have since discovered that Vista does not have all the problems that we were led to believe!
BC
Bart_Cross
Feb 4, 2009
Well, I may not like it, but I guess you never know about all the wonders of Vista if they didn’t turn it on first so you could turn it off if you wished.

The problem was selecting one character in web-code, you couldn’t do it with this stuff turned on without getting a sub-menu to appear. G-a-a-a-a-a-a! I was just about ready to……….

I am very happy now. I consider this an annoying yet minor issue. The tablet is truly amazing.

A Cintiq next; when I win the lottery of course.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections