DJ
Posted By
daniel_j_brady
Feb 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
im sorry if i put this in the wrong place, im not even sure if it is posting or not, this is the 2nd time i have written it.

hi, this is my first post. i have searched everywhere for a way to help me with the problem i am having, but to be honest, i dont even know what to search for. i have read so many photoshop help pages etc.. but i still havent found anything.

make animated cartoons, and i use photoshop to color the pictures. they look awesome until i put them into a video. in the video, the quality is horrible. for example if i fade a color in photoshop, once animated, it isnt a fading color anymore, it turns into a bunch of big pixels. even if i use the animation part of photoshop, it comes out great, until i put it in a video.
the research i have done, really confuses me, although i am a terrific artist and all that (so im told) i dont know the "shop talk" of photoshop or anything. so i am just going to leave as much info as i can and hope that someone has an idea that may help me.

im using photoshop cs3 extended.
the pictures i load into ps to color are 1024×576
the resolution is 96
its RGB color 8bit
color profile is "adobe RGB (1998)"

these videos dont get published online, they are burned to dvd’s.

when i save the pictures, i just save them as jpeg. thought i had seen somewhere where it said that you had to set the color for NTCS???? am i making any sense to anyone? im confusing myself

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GK
Geoff_K_Jackson
Feb 2, 2009
Which software are you using to make the videos? Is each image one frame of the video or are you making a slideshow of stills? More info may help with your problems.
Geoff.
S
Silkrooster
Feb 2, 2009
Because you are putting the images onto a DVD, I am assuming these will be played back on a TV. You will need to determine what image size you want to use that will fit the TV. 1024 x 576 is PAL not NTSC. If you are not in the US, please let us know.
The NTSC standard for the US is:
Standard Definition: 720×480
High Definition: 1280×720 or 1920×1080.

For still images to become an animation save each image as a sequence. For a fade to work the fade must appear over several images.

I highly recommend that if you plan on doing a lot of this, then you should think about getting after effects, it will make your job way easier.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections