Posted By
Steve Thomas
Oct 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Can anyone tell me of a good site please where I can download a reasonable high-res pic of an Oak tree in leaf?
I would like one to form the basis of an A4 poster which will be printed after completion.
TIA
Steve

Regards,
Steve Thomas

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Clive Croucher
Oct 28, 2003
look at www.google.com and type in oak tree photo you will find what you are looking for

"stephent" wrote in message
Hi,
Can anyone tell me of a good site please where I can download a reasonable high-res pic of an Oak tree in leaf?
I would like one to form the basis of an A4 poster which will be printed after completion.
TIA
Steve

Regards,
Steve Thomas

JR
john.rampling
Oct 28, 2003
Google Images was designed for this.
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=oak+leaf&ie=UTF-8&am p;oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Go ogle+Search
shows 4450 results.
If these are not sufficiently high resolution try
http://www.freeimages.co.uk/
or http://www.freefoto.com/index.jsp
or http://gimp-savvy.com/PHOTO-ARCHIVE/
or http://www.sxc.hu/
or lots of other free stock photo sites.

Hope this helps

"Clive Croucher" wrote in message
look at www.google.com and type in oak tree photo you will find what you are looking for

Hi,
Can anyone tell me of a good site please where I can download a
reasonable
high-res pic of an Oak tree in leaf?
TIA
Steve

Regards,
Steve Thomas

B
Bernie
Oct 28, 2003
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:49:13 -0000, "Clive Croucher"

Hi,

wrote:

Of course, making certain you obtain proper permission from the owner of the image found, right?
G
Gummo
Oct 28, 2003
Who appointed you?

Gummo

wrote:

Of course, making certain you obtain proper permission from the owner of the image found, right?
T
Tom
Oct 28, 2003
"Gummo" wrote in message
Who appointed you?

Gummo

wrote:

look at www.google.com and type in oak tree photo you will find what
you
are looking for

I did, you top posting moron.

Any questions?

Tom
V
Voivod
Oct 28, 2003
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:40:31 -0000, "Gummo"
scribbled:

Who appointed you?

Hey, if it’s for personal use it really doesn’t matter
much of a damn, but if he’s going to grab images
off of Google’s image search and use them for
commercial purposes he’s opening himself up to
a host of problems. Of course a conscientious
person would remind him of it, and idiot prick
taking their name from a REALLY shitty movie
would say something like "Who appointed you?"

wrote:

B
Bernie
Oct 28, 2003
wrote:

Who appointed you?

Gummo

Just another service I offer. Feel free to ignore me.
R
RTM
Oct 29, 2003
differently.
things
does
someone
when
boil
blood
your
make
It
Doesn’t

Ron.

Tom wrote in message
"Gummo" wrote in message
Who appointed you?

Gummo

wrote:

look at www.google.com and type in oak tree photo you will find what
you
are looking for

I did, you top posting moron.

Any questions?

Tom

G
Gummo
Oct 29, 2003

1. He wanted a pic of an oak tree; he didn’t ask amateur copyright sentinels
for their advice.

2. Is is also a prerequisite of an unnappointed copyright guardian to address people as ‘idiot pricks’?

3. I didn’t know until now of the movie you refer to; thanks for the meaningless reference.

"Voivod" wrote in message
scribbled:

Who appointed you?

Hey, if it’s for personal use it really doesn’t matter
much of a damn, but if he’s going to grab images
off of Google’s image search and use them for
commercial purposes he’s opening himself up to
a host of problems. Of course a conscientious
person would remind him of it, and idiot prick
taking their name from a REALLY shitty movie
would say something like "Who appointed you?"
V
Voivod
Oct 29, 2003
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:00:09 -0000, "Gummo"
scribbled:

1. He wanted a pic of an oak tree; he didn’t ask amateur copyright sentinels for their advice.

This being usenet, even idiots like you are allowed an opinion.

2. Is is also a prerequisite of an unnappointed copyright guardian to address people as ‘idiot pricks’?

Yes, as well as fuckwit, ass-tick and anything else appropriate to the situation.

3. I didn’t know until now of the movie you refer to; thanks for the meaningless reference.

A meaningless reference for a meaningless person, you’re welcome!
JW
JP White
Oct 29, 2003
Gummo wrote:
Who appointed you?

Gummo

God?

Since there is a large body of people (including myself) that consider that we are created by our creator (God) one can argue that Roy was placed here by God and therefore appointed by Him. I hope that answers your question.

Aside from the above OT argument I believe there is nothing wrong with Roy pointing out to the newsgroup that one does need to consider the rights of the photograph owner, a fact that many may overlook. It is not out of line for him to raise the flag. I’m not sure what purpose your question serves other than to start a flame war, it does not contribute much of anything to this discussion.

JP
G
Gummo
Oct 29, 2003
I don’t believe in flaming. I just don’t think people constantly need reminding when, as users of Photoshop, we are aware of the need to respect other people’s work.

Gummo

"JP White" wrote in message
Gummo wrote:
Who appointed you?

Gummo

God?

Since there is a large body of people (including myself) that consider that we are created by our creator (God) one can argue that Roy was placed here by God and therefore appointed by Him. I hope that answers your question.

Aside from the above OT argument I believe there is nothing wrong with Roy pointing out to the newsgroup that one does need to consider the rights of the photograph owner, a fact that many may overlook. It is not out of line for him to raise the flag. I’m not sure what purpose your question serves other than to start a flame war, it does not contribute much of anything to this discussion.

JP
G
Gummo
Oct 29, 2003
The killfile for the man who put the void into Voivod.

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:00:09 -0000, "Gummo"
scribbled:

1. He wanted a pic of an oak tree; he didn’t ask amateur copyright
sentinels
for their advice.

This being usenet, even idiots like you are allowed an opinion.

Yes, as well as fuckwit, ass-tick and anything else appropriate to the situation.

A meaningless reference for a meaningless person, you’re welcome!
V
Voivod
Oct 29, 2003
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:19:45 -0000, "Gummo"
scribbled:

I don’t believe in flaming. I just don’t think people constantly need reminding when, as users of Photoshop, we are aware of the need to respect other people’s work.

Who are you to assume you can speak for anyone
other than yourself?
HH
Harry Hayes
Oct 30, 2003
Whilst not wishing to intrude on your ‘private’ vendetta, I would like you to see a quote from a message I sent to ‘Fred Langa’ recently, which, whilst not referring directly to your conversations, is none the less applicable!

"Someone posted this on the Photoshop newsgroup, you should have a look in there ‘alt.graphics.photoshop’ sometime to see a bunch of "Prima Donnas" getting tetchy with each other!"
Harry

scribbled:

I don’t believe in flaming. I just don’t think people constantly need reminding when, as users of Photoshop, we are aware of the need to
respect
other people’s work.

other than yourself?

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.532 / Virus Database: 326 – Release Date: 27/10/2003
V
Voivod
Oct 30, 2003
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:36:47 -0000, "Harry Limey" scribbled:

Whilst not wishing to intrude on your ‘private’ vendetta, I would like you

Vendetta is such a pretty looking word, did you have to
look it up or was it on your word of the day calendar?

to see a quote from a message I sent to ‘Fred Langa’ recently, which, whilst not referring directly to your conversations, is none the less applicable!

OooOOoo ‘Fred Langa’, really, ‘Fred Langa’? THE ‘Fred Langa’ of the ‘Fred Langa’ List? Name dropping, especially one that’s really rather unimportant is just so gauche. Did ‘Fred Langa’ reply to the message you sent to ‘Fred Langa’?

"Someone posted this on the Photoshop newsgroup, you should have a look in there ‘alt.graphics.photoshop’ sometime to see a bunch of "Prima Donnas" getting tetchy with each other!"

I’m sure, if ‘Fred Langa’ even bothered to waste 30 seconds on your ‘tip’, that he probably thought you were a fucking moron, the gods know I do.

scribbled:

I don’t believe in flaming. I just don’t think people constantly need reminding when, as users of Photoshop, we are aware of the need to
respect
other people’s work.

other than yourself?

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.532 / Virus Database: 326 – Release Date: 27/10/2003
G
Gummo
Oct 30, 2003
Thanks Harry.

"Harry Limey" wrote in message
Whilst not wishing to intrude on your ‘private’ vendetta, I would like you to see a quote from a message I sent to ‘Fred Langa’ recently, which,
whilst
not referring directly to your conversations, is none the less applicable!
Harry

scribbled:

respect
other people’s work.

other than yourself?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections