R
Posted By
rpgedgar
Jan 31, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So here’s what I’m trying to do. I’m working on something that requires two layers. In in one layer I’m supposed to draw something using the lasso tool, and then afterwards go to the other layer and change the upper output level. Unfortunately, it’s not working for me and no levels are changing. This process works when I use the line tool to draw in the first layer but not when I switch to the lasso tool. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BL
Bob Levine
Jan 31, 2009
I hope you’re referring to Photoshop Elements. If so, you’re in the wrong forum…Elements is down the hall.

Bob
R
rpgedgar
Jan 31, 2009
No, it’s photoshop 6.
P
Phosphor
Jan 31, 2009
The Lasso is not a drawing tool ordinarily. I think you are leaving something out. Also, what is the "Output Level"? Are you talking about Levels? That would not affect a Lasso selection. Pixels are required.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 31, 2009
it’s photoshop 6.

PHOTOSHOP 6 or Photoshop Elements 6?
R
rpgedgar
Jan 31, 2009
It’s regular photoshop 6. If you’ve got a layer selected and go to Layer>Adjust>Levels, that’s what i’m trying to alter.

Let’s say I have two layers. If I’m using the line tool on one layer, and then go to ajust the Upper Output Level of the second layer to ‘0’ it makes that layer turn all black.

However, if instead of using the line tool I use the polygon lasso tool to draw some items, trying to change the level of the other layer does not work in the same manner as above.
P
Phosphor
Jan 31, 2009
Are you selecting any pixels with the Polygon Lasso?
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 31, 2009
However, if instead of using the line tool I use the polygon lasso tool to draw some items, trying to change the level of the other layer does not work in the same manner as above.

the lasso tools aren’t drawing tools. they’re selection tools. use the line tool, pen tool, brush or some other drawing tool.
R
rpgedgar
Jan 31, 2009
Well, I need to draw a polygon. Basically I’m trying to do some light sabre effects, and in some frames it’s fanning so a simple line won’t work well.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 31, 2009
if you can get the "shape" you need with the polygon lasso tool, you can then use edit> stroke to apply brush like effects to your selection…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections