Posted By
Penny_Deutz
Jan 29, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, all –

When I got my CS4 back in the fall, I selected the SanVito font as my registration freebie. I downloaded & installed as directed, but the fonts never appeared in PS. I didn’t think too much about it then because I don’t do much graphic work – just photos. Then a couple weeks ago I finally got around to installing CS4 on my laptop. I got an option on another set of freebies for the 2nd registration, and picked the fonts again, remembering that they weren’t showing up. Again, I downloaded & installed in accordance with the directions. All 16 files are confirmed in my "fonts" folder (sorry, using Win XP). However, if I open MS Word, only 8 of the SanVito fonts are available. Word is an old version, so OK, I can understand that it might not support all of them – maybe. But in PS, not a single one is there. This is the 2nd time now that the fonts are installed where they should be, but aren’t recognized by CS4 (and are only 1/2 recognized by Word). Anyone have that problem? Any ideas on what might be preventing them from displaying? CS4 shows a ton of fonts, and I’ve never had a problem with any other font that I’ve downloaded not appearing.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions!

Regards –

Penny

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jan 29, 2009
I’ve got SanVito installed (I had neglected to download and install until reading your post, so thanks!) and it shows up in Photoshop as a single font name  SanVito Pro  but there are 16 different styles (Regular, Display, Subcaption Bold, etc.). In word, it shows up as 8 fonts, but each has a corresponding (unlisted) bold font that’s accessible by putting the text in boldface.
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 29, 2009
Did you drag it into the fonts folder or install it via the menu?

Also do a search for, and delete, all instances of adobefnt*.lst (that extension is .LST).
DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 29, 2009
I got an option on another set of freebies for the 2nd registration

Huh? You should only be registering the software once. I am surprised that you were allowed to re-register it again. You have to activate for each computer, but registration should only happen once.
PD
Penny_Deutz
Jan 30, 2009
Ahhh… I see now. Michael, thank you for the clarification.

And, Don – you’re right, I meant activation, not registration. Register once, activate twice…

Thanks to all who responded!

Penny
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Jan 30, 2009
You should only be registering the software once

Could be, but how do you tell the second setup that it’s already done.

Both my PS CS4 installations demanded to be registered (no "I’ve registered already" option).

I selected the Sanvito pro font. After I had installed it on the second machine, PS kept on nagging me to register. After I finally did, I got the gift choice again.

This time I chose the free one month Lynda.com offer, and cheerfully learned various techniques.

If this is illegal I’ll visit a shrink to have the Lynda.com experience wiped.

Rob
NK
Noah_Kameyer
Feb 28, 2009
I tried installing these fonts as well in PS CS4 on my Mac. I went to Library/Fonts. They are not appearing…at least not all of them, in my CS4 Fonts. How do I get them to show up? Do I need to activate something, or should they all just show up?
NK
Noah_Kameyer
Feb 28, 2009
Wrong category. Can this be deleted?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections