RR
Posted By
Ray_Rose
Jan 27, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
At home, I have used Photoshop CS and CS2. At work, I use Photoshop CS4. Even though the later version of Photoshop have somewhat nifty features and a more uniform interface and integration, I still find myself happy and content with CS2 mainly for the introduction of the multi-selectable layer support without all the "extraness". What are your thoughts on past experiences in comparison with the later versions of Photoshop?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 27, 2009
What are your thoughts

Pretty broad topic, that.

If you are looking for justification in staying with the older version, I have no problem with that. I only upgrade every other version. One reason is that newer versions sometimes bog down on older computers, and I am not willing to buy a new computer every 18 months.

Just follow the upgrade announcements closely to ensure that you will not get stuck with no upgrade path. At one time you could always upgrade from any version. Now it is only possible from the last three versions, and I could see that going to the last two versions in the next release (since the financial results of the last version release were less than Adobe had hoped for).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections