FB
Posted By
Flint_Brayton
Jan 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I upgraded from CS1 to CS4 yesterday and immediately encountered a problem with the way Photoshop (not Bridge) displays images to the monitor. At zooms of less than 200%, the image that appears is divided into squares in which the correct picture is displayed below each square’s diagonal and solid vertical lines of color are displayed above the diagonal. I’ve checked jpeg, tiff, and psd files. At 200% or higher, everything is fine. This problem does not happened in CS1.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Dell XPS 420
ATI Radeon HD 2600XT
(I checked and the driver is up to date)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CY
curt_young
Jan 25, 2009
I don’t have CS4 but there are a lot of posts about video card problems and the open GL format with CS4. Might browse through the list below and see what they say.
FB
Flint_Brayton
Jan 26, 2009
Thanks for the reply. After unchecking the "Enable OpenGL Drawing" box in Photoshop preferences->performance, the problem went away.
T
Tbamine
Jan 27, 2009
Hello!

I’ve the same problem in my laptop (ati radeon mobility x1350).. i have no display problems ones i unchek "enable opengl" but this means missing one of the important advantage of this version if i’m not wrong…will there be a fix…?!!!!

my driver is updated…
CY
curt_young
Jan 27, 2009
Open GL takes a lot of video horsepower, but even high end video cards don’t always work perfectly. There may be more than one thing going there. Adobe is still working on problem. But if you have low end card it will probably never work as PS intended.

Read the posts on lag problems and which cards are recommended to work with CS4.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections