Problems reinstalling Photoshop CS2

Posted By
Jan 25, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After replacing the hard drive on my computer, I had to reinstall my Photoshop CS2 software. However now, each time I open the program, I get a message stating "The Adobe Updater cannot be started. Please reinstall the application and its components." When I tried to reinstall it, I was given a choice of either repairing or uninstalling. Repairing did not solve the problem – I used the program defaults – and I’m afraid that if I uninstall the program, I may be worse off. Also, I cannot access my files through the Browse feature, and when I click on Help, it is not available. There is no longer any support from Adobe for CS2 and I’m not ready to purchase CS4. By the way, I’m using Windows XP. Your help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
Mylenium
Jan 26, 2009
No idea. Did you install your operating system with the same options as on the old drive or did you restore it from a backup? In the latter case, some paths may be askew because of that. I don’t think there’s any harm in uninstalling, if you deactivate before doing so. A clean re-install should definitely put the correct references in place so the broken features work again…

Mylenium
Jan 26, 2009
Thank you, Mylenium. You mentioned deactivating the software before uninstalling it. Might you know the procedure for deactivating the software? Thanks again.
CY
curt_young
Jan 26, 2009
Click on Help and scroll down to deactivate. Too simple, huh?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections