RK
Posted By
r2d2 kl
Sep 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can you make the Alpha-Channel visilbe in Photoshop 7.0 just like it was in Photoshop 6.0

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 17, 2003
Uhm. what do you mean. Look in the channels pallet? Click on the alpha channel? Or toggle the EYE of the alpha channel to on while all other channels are also on (quick mask view).

Can you be more specific? I can’t tell a difference between v7 and v6 in that regard.
PH
Photo Help
Sep 17, 2003
The channel settings are the same in 7.0 as they were in 6.0.

I think you are perhaps confusing your terminology?
MR
Mark Reynolds
Sep 18, 2003
Terminology is wrong. I think R2D2 probably means a Layer Mask not an Alpha Channel.

You can make a layer mask visible as a greyscale channel by pressing the backslash key \ (rubylith) followed by the tilde ~ key.
RK
r2d2 kl
Sep 18, 2003
I’m sorry for being too unaccurate.

In the Channels Panel I can only choose between the Channels red, green and blue. A friend of mine has got Photoshop 6.0 and he can choose between the Channles red, green, blue and Alpha. He said he hadn’t changed any settings of Photoshop 6.0 and as I haven’t changed any of 7.0, I thought this function was set on by default in Photoshop 6.0 and set off by default in Photoshop 7.0. As I have got a German keyboard keyboard shortcuts are not a big help for me. So it would be great if you could tell me how to do it without them.
Thanks
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 18, 2003
R2,

In order to see an alpha channel, you must create one first. Draw a rectangle with the rectangular marquee too. Select|Save Selection. Now look at the channels pallet.
PH
Photo Help
Sep 18, 2003
R2,

Just so you know if your friend were to send you the file they are using you would see an alpha channel as well. A new file by default in PS 6.0 doesn’t have an alpha channel either.
P
Phosphor
Sep 18, 2003
If the problem is with Targas, there is a plugin.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections