Closed
Hi,

Which card would be better for Photoshop
NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE OR
ATI Radeon HD 3650 ?

Thank you very much for your attention.

JPD

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
leuallen
Jan 23, 2009
On Jan 23, 3:46 pm, wrote:
Hi,

Which card would be better for Photoshop
NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE OR
 ATI Radeon HD 3650 ?

Thank you very much for your attention.

JPD

Forget the HD 3650 if it by Asus, other brands are probably Ok. Asus has not updated their drivers since Jan ’08 and the performance of these drivers is lacking in CS4, ie a little buggy. With Asus you cannot use the ATI drivers from the ATI site. Asus does something that absolutely prevents the installation of the ATI drivers. The ATI drivers are very current and I have heard of no complaints using them.

I got a 3650 by Asus and I am a little pissed at the situation. I am stuck with a buggy performing video card. Asus will probably not update these drivers for my model because it is AGP instead of PCI and considered obsolete. By the way, they did not answer my email concerning the situation so add crappy customer support to the list.

Larry
BL
Bob Levine
Jan 24, 2009
Your guess is as good anyone else’s at this point. Whatever you decide on, just make sure you can return it.

Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections