DR
Posted By
D_Rob_Curtis
Jan 20, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I use one of the automatic gallery creators (a modified white on black – see:

< http://theearlybirder.com/insects/lepidoptera/sessiid/index. htm>

from Bridge, everything goes as before, when I was using XP. But only after finishing and uploading dozens of new galleries with hundreds of images, did I notice that when a thumbnail is clicked and the image comes up, the box below, which is supposed to have the file name was blank.

When making more galleries, I later discovered that I had to click on a box above the image warning about Active X or scripts and then choose to unblock it. I thought this solved the problem as the names of all appeared. Then when I just finished another huge batch of galleries and images, did I notice that next time I opened such images, the names were gone, and I had to choose to unblock content every time I opened a gallery again.

I talked with Microsoft for about 2 hours regarding this and in the end they said there was no solution as it is inherent in Internet Explorer with Vista.

I just couldn’t believe it. I had a Vista 64 machine built specifically to work on my photos as the XP machine had been so unbearably slow with Bridge and other things. Now I have high speed but can’t upload the galleries as before.

does anyone else have such a problem?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Jan 22, 2009
Well, you can manually override security zone settings with your group policy editor in Vista, but it would be ill-advised due to causing a security hole. You may also selectively add your image site to your "trusted sites" in the Internet settings, which would be a better way. For more refined control, consider installing Internet Explorer 8, which takes this even further. Short of that, simply use a different template or adjust the code. It isn’t done correctly and doesn’t work in other browsers, either.

Mylenium

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections