HC
Posted By
H_Christopher_Heyerdahl
Jan 19, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anybody tried Photoshop CS4 on Windows 7 beta, and what are your experiences with it?

Christopher

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

LZ
Loretta_Zupko
Jan 19, 2009
So far everything is working fine. Will post mote if I encounter any problems.

wrote in message
Has anybody tried Photoshop CS4 on Windows 7 beta, and if so what are your experiences with it?

Christopher
GS
Gene_Stryjewski
Jan 19, 2009
I have Windows beta 32 on a test box for 5 days now and it runs great. Fast and solid I had to upgrade some drivers but just selecting the "upgrade driver" when I pressed the button windows went out to the net and found the driver and installed it.

Then everything worked again.
I installed some third party plug ins and they also work.

This is a 5 year old box with a cheep card no working GPU and one gig on memory.

much better than Vista.
CC
Charlie_Choc
Jan 19, 2009
I’m running CS4 on win7 ultimate x64 and haven’t seen any real problems. There is a new UI feature in win7 where, if you drag a window’s title bar to the to of the screen, it will maximize the window and that doesn’t work – no real surprise since Adobe doesn’t play by the OS’ UI rules anyway. 😉 —
Charlie…
http://www.chocphoto.com
BL
Bob Levine
Jan 19, 2009
Loretta,

How many times do I need to ask you? PLEASE turn off the autoquote.

Bob
RL
roger_leale
Jan 19, 2009
Working well for me on Windows 7 beta 64. definitely a bit faster than on Vista 32. Athlon 64×2 4200+, Gforce 7300GT, 2 GB.

Roger
P
Phosphor
Jan 19, 2009
Just remember that it’s a beta, and that it’s an at-your-own-risk proposition.

I will probably laugh if you come back whining if it mucks up while being used on a production-critical system.

But I won’t post that I’m laughing.

I’ll just laugh here where you can’t hear me, and follow along in the thread with Schadenfreudian glee while you try to get it fixed up so you can crank out a job that’s past deadline.

😉 XD
BL
Bob Levine
Jan 19, 2009
Why are you assuming that anyone’s using it on a production machine?

Bob
P
Phosphor
Jan 19, 2009
The past is prologue, Bob, and in scenarios like this one I’ve NEVER seen it fail as a predictor.
LZ
Loretta_Zupko
Jan 20, 2009
I am in Windows Live Mail. Can you tell me how to turn them off?
BL
Bob Levine
Jan 20, 2009
Nope. I’m using Thunderbird and just use ctrl+a and then hit delete.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections