JL
Posted By
James_Lowman
Jan 18, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The program seems to run fine except that I cannot move or float the panels. They move ever so slightly and lock in place when I attempt to drag them. The only way to get them back is to do a workspace reset.
I am running Vista 32 bit, Nvidia 8600gt, Intel core 2 duo 2.33hz, and 4gb ram. I have the Production Suite CS4. I can move panels in every program but Photoshop. I have reset the configuration folders, tried a selective startup in msconfig and reinstalling Production Suite.
Very strange problem and I have search for an answer but I haven’t found anything close to this type of problem.
Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
Mylenium
Jan 19, 2009
Does it occur with or without hardware acceleration? Toggling this option may have an influence…

Mylenium
JL
James_Lowman
Jan 19, 2009
The Nvidia drivers take of control and do not allow me to adjust the Windows hardware acceleration. The only setting I could find on the Nvidia control panel that dealt with hardware acceleration was having to do with 3D. Just to try it I turned it off. No change in DW.
Thanks for your reply. I’ve got a spare drive so I thought I would build a new image with just the OS and DW on it.
B
BJNicholls
Jan 19, 2009
Try turning off hardware acceleration within Photoshop’s performance controls under Edit – Preferences.
JL
James_Lowman
Jan 23, 2009
Final resolve was to reinstall o/s. Everything works great.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections