Dell 2408WFP owners, suggestions and comments??

SG
Posted By
Scott_Gold
Jan 18, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve got two Dell 2408WFP 24" displays due to arrive Monday and I was wondering if any of you owners out there have any suggestions for me.
I understand I’ll have to calibrate these puppies and definitely bring down the brightness.

Do you have any other comments or suggestions for a new owner and it’s use with Photoshop? Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GD
george_dingwall
Jan 18, 2009
I have one of these.

The quality of the screen display is great. It’s best set to its full native resolution, but that may make some text on some websites quite small. Play with text and icon sizes to get what suits you.

Only criticisms that I have are that I had to have mine replaced twice due to the on/off button sticking in the off position. I sometimes find that the display loses power or the input signal and goes blank. It’s usually fixed by wiggling the connectors on the back.
KP
Kwan_Parker
Jan 18, 2009
I got one of them!

Owned it for about two months now and not encountered any problems. I have seen (sorta)the loss of input signal George mentions. But, in my case, the momently loss is caused by my video cards (GTX 280s) on my new Vista system apparently thinking there might be a second monitor. Have not researched the problem further, because the infrequent momentary interruption is not intrusive. Had the monitor connected for nearly a month to my old XP Pro system without any problem, momentary or otherwise.

Once I calibrated the monitor, representation onscreen rather accurately and pleasingly matches images I scan for use in Dreamweaver, Indesign, and Photoshop and appearance is close or identical when viewed from other monitors. My use is for the web not print or press.

I think you will be pleased with your purchase.
BC
Bart_Cross
Jan 19, 2009
I’ve had a 2407 for about a year now without any problems. I calibrated it with Monaco EZcolor (no longer available).
R
Roberto
Jan 19, 2009
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:01:04 -0800, wrote:

I’ve got two Dell 2408WFP 24" displays due to arrive Monday and I was wondering if any of you owners out there have any suggestions for me.
I understand I’ll have to calibrate these puppies and definitely bring down the brightness.
Do you have any other comments or suggestions for a new owner and it’s use with Photoshop? Thanks!

Nice monitor but i cant use it for gaming anymore after testing and seeing the input lag 🙁

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections