Posted By
Jean_DURIEUX
Jan 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello an happy new year to all

I am new here and french….Please fogive any mistake following…. I am working under Windos XP pro with Radeon X1950 pro and two screens 22"

My two problems : 1 – Opening a New file:

When I open a new file, I cannot obtain a full screen image as I did in previous versions of PS. May be because I use centimeters dimensions?

: 2 – In the "work space " (Is it right in english ?) When I choice "affichage" and then full screen for work space, the image I get is much larger but not entirely full screen..

Sorry to ask so simple a question and thank for your answers.

JD

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JJ
John Joslin
Jan 17, 2009
The CS4 interface is very different from previous versions.

You have to a lot of experimenting to see how it works and to find your best solution.

If you select the Zoom tool you will see "Fit Screen" and "Full Screen" in the Options bar. They are slightly different. There is also the "F" key.

Pressing Tab or Shift+Tab to remove Toolbox and/or panels changes the behaviour as does having the main application frame maximised or floating.

Just to add more confusion, using tabbed or floating image windows creates more variables to the mix.

The help files don’t help much and tutorials tend to concentrate on single aspects of the user interface.

Like I said, you have to a lot of experimenting to see how it works and to find your best solution.
JD
Jean_DURIEUX
Jan 17, 2009
Hello Josh Joslin

I don’t know how to hank you. It took me at least 24 hours to discover that there were no answer to my questions on the adobe site in Fr. or elsewhere….and apparently no books except the famous "Class room in a book" which I will certainly buy but only when I know a little more.

At your service if you need something hre…In Paris I mean

JD
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 17, 2009
Hi Jean

I hope it helped. 🙂

"Classroom in a Book" is good. Also "Up to Speed – Photoshop CS4" by Ben Willmore. Good because it is focussed exclusively on the new features.

When I get to Paris, I’ll have an Absinthe!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections