Posted By
josel
Jan 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,
I am thinking of a major upgrade from Production Studio CS3 to CS4, Lightroom 1.4 to Lightroom 2, and Studio 8 to Web Standard CS4.

I was talking to someone at Adobe who stated that an upgrades are "STAND ALONES" and not really upgrades, as the upgrade will work independently from any other previous versions which can be deleted.

Is this true?

josel

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bob Levine
Jan 17, 2009
Upgrades are installed exactly the same way a full retail version is. Whether you want to delete the old versions is up to you.

Bob
J
josel
Jan 17, 2009
Thanks Bob,
So if I had say Production Studio CS1 and wanted to have Production Studio CS4 I would just buy the cheapest upgrade possible £592 from Adobe. But according to them I would need to spend double this for their official upgrade package!
So what is the point of paying the dearest when you can get exactly the same for half the price?

josel
BL
Bob Levine
Jan 17, 2009
What official upgrade package? There are several upgrade paths and you must choose the correct one.

Bob
J
josel
Jan 17, 2009
Can’t I just choose the cheapest from CS4 Production Studio. Surely I can if the upgrade is indepandent of the prvious versions?

Thank you

josel
J
josel
Jan 17, 2009
Cheers Bob,
All to do with the serial number then.

Thank you Bob, now I know

josel
BL
Bob Levine
Jan 18, 2009
The installed product is independent but the installer itself depends on the serial number for an ELIGIBLE product.

You must buy the correct upgrade. Pricing depends on what that upgrade is.

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections