Posted By
Santiago
Oct 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I am almost new to photoshop but I managed to work with it for sometime.

Since two days ago I cannot use histogram, levels and some filters command like
Unsharp masking. When I make click on the histogram command the eyedopper appear
and there is no new window. All you can do is use the eyedropper. If I want tou use another
command I get an error sound. The same thing happens with the levels command.

Unsharp masking is not longer poping up a window with radius amount etc,instead a square cursor appears
over the image waiting for something.

Please can somebody help me. I have reinstalled phtoshop 7 but the problem continues.

Regards
Santiago

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
Madsen
Oct 27, 2003
Santiago wrote:

Unsharp masking is not longer poping up a window with radius amount etc,instead a square cursor appears over the image waiting for something.

Try Window > Workspace > Reset Palette locations.

Regards
Madsen.
Y
Yitz
Oct 27, 2003
I’m not sure why that is happening but if you reinstall photoshop, make sure you delete your preferences files.

"Santiago" wrote in message
Hello,

I am almost new to photoshop but I managed to work with it for sometime.
Since two days ago I cannot use histogram, levels and some filters command like
Unsharp masking. When I make click on the histogram command the
eyedopper
appear
and there is no new window. All you can do is use the eyedropper. If I
want
tou use another
command I get an error sound. The same thing happens with the levels command.

Unsharp masking is not longer poping up a window with radius amount etc,instead a square cursor appears
over the image waiting for something.

Please can somebody help me. I have reinstalled phtoshop 7 but the problem continues.

Regards
Santiago

M
Madsen
Oct 27, 2003
Santiago wrote:

Unsharp masking is not longer poping up a window with radius amount etc,instead a square cursor appears over the image waiting for something.

My guess is that the window is there but outside the viewable area. Try a higher screen resolution and drag the Unsharp Masking window to the upper left corner of the screen to make sure that the window is still visible when you go back to your preferred resolution.

If that doesn’t work, you can reset Photoshop by holding down Shift + Ctrl + Alt during start-up (PC).

Regards
Madsen.
S
Santiago
Oct 27, 2003
I have tried but nothing. I ahve noticed that appears in the upper left of every image
a number and a little icon with a little line inside a square . What does it mean?

Thanks in advance
Santiago

"Thomas Madsen" escribi
M
Madsen
Oct 27, 2003
Santiago wrote:

I have tried but nothing.

Have you also tried to reset Photoshop? I’m almost certain that it would solve your problem. As explained earlier, you can reset it by holding down Shift + Ctrl + Alt during start-up.

See: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/6712.htm>.

I ahve noticed that appears in the upper left of every image a number and a little icon with a little line inside a square . What does it mean?

It’s a slice. You can turn slices on or off in the View menu (View > Show Slices).

Regards
Madsen.
S
Santiago
Oct 27, 2003
It continues failing. curves command does not work too (the eeyedropper appears)
But I can work with some filters like coloured pencil which brings a pop up window.

I do
M
Madsen
Oct 27, 2003
Santiago wrote:

It continues failing. curves command does not work too (the eeyedropper appears)

Have you tried resetting Photoshop or not?
<http://home18.inet.tele.dk/madsen/photoshop/reset.jpg>.

Regards
Madsen.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections